It’s part of holiday tradition to celebrate with family and friends and to share gifts with our loved ones. There’s no measuring how much is spent on the combined effort and money to find the perfect gift.
The challenge is to identify the right gift in the right color and size; something they really want and need; and something that won’t break the budget.
“Eight Gifts That Do Not Cost a Cent” are suggestions that have been offered on numerous Internet sites attributed to an anonymous writer. They may be just what you need to find the perfect gift.
• THE GIFT OF LISTENING…but you must really listen. No interrupting; no daydreaming; no planning your response; just listening.
• THE GIFT OF AFFECTION…be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
• THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER…clip cartoons and share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say “I love to laugh with you.”
• THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE…it can be a simple “thanks for the help” note or a full letter. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime and may even change a life.
• THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT…a simple and sincere, “you look great in red” or “you did a super job” or “that was a wonderful meal” can make someone’s day.
• THE GIFT OF A FAVOR… go out of your way every day to do something kind.
• THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE…there are times when a person wants nothing more than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.
• THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION…the easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone. It’s really not that hard to say, Hello or Thank You.